UHT manufactures wooden keyboards for electronic church organs, consoles for HAUPTWERK and electric consoles for pipe organs. The company was founded in 1994. It has developed a keyboard on the basis of its own inventions and patents that is distinguished by a special feel. While retaining the basic concept, the keyboard has developed through many innovations over the years into an internationally sought-after product. UHT keyboards are made to order, and their special design leaves plenty of scope for fulfilling many customer requests. Each UHT keyboard is unique as a result of the optional parameter settings. Our team is dedicated to the production of uniquely customized organ keyboards.
UHT® keyboards have five playing features - (1) key stroke, (2) key weight, (3) pressure point force, (4) pressure point position, (5) contact point = point of speech - which can at request be adjusted to customers requirements.
UHT® organ keyboards are supplied as single keyboards or as keyboard sets. The key coverings and technical details are matched to one another in the double to quintuple sets (for organs with 2 to 5 manuals). Each keyboard bears a serial number, the type number, the date of manufacture and setting parameters.
Customized optional settings for UHT organ keyboards:
- Key stroke: 7...11 mm
- Playing weight: 60 grams*...125 grams * (without pressure point)
- Pressure point force: 0...ca 40 grams **
- Pressure point position: between 1 to 8 mm of the key stroke
- Contacts: synchronized with pressure point position. ***
* Up to 180 grams in exceptional cases, with surcharge and at customer's risk.
** The pressure point force summates to the playing weight. For example, if the playing weight is increased, the maximum pressure point force reduces proportionately in the feel of the key.
*** A UHT key rebound is recommended for settings of less than 3 mm of the key stroke.
The Series 'RENATUS' has been developed mainly for electric consoles for pipe organs.
Here, all the typical features of UHT keyboards have been retained:
- the key stroke is stepless variable
- the wear-free pressure point system (tracker-action simulation) is adjustable in it's force and position
- the playing weight can be adjusted to organists requirements
- the contact point (point of speech) is adjustable as well
The keys are 100 mm longer as in the Series 40. Depending on the requested key length the lever length is up to 350 mm. On request piston rails, side cheeks and frames can be supplied to customers specifications
A big range of key coverings, key shapes and extra options are supplied. Standardly the keyboards are equipped with the wear-free UHT Hall contact system. On inquiry other contact systems can be used.
REFURBISHMENT - MODIFICATION - SERVICE
On request, old keyboards can be optically refurbished and brought up to the latest state of the art.
This includes (depending on year of construction and condition):
- sanding down and / or overpolishing the keys
- renewal and / or impregnation of the felts
- keyboards equipped with recoil damping (noise damping)
- keyboards equipped with the latest contact system
- changing the settings of a keyboard to customers requirements
- replacing old mechanical contact systems with our wear free double HALL contact system
- equipping keyboards of a mechanical pipe organ with an additional MIDI OUT
UHT supplies special mounting plates for the multi-manual organ console. The standard manuals have an incline of 0° or 2°. An alternative layout can be supplied as an option upon request. The construction for two manuals is shown in figure 1.
Figure 2 shows how the keyboard can be swung open for service by loosening the screws. Picture 3 shows a three manual stack.
Since most organ builders design and produce the key cheeks by themselves our keyboards are basically delivered „naked“ without key cheeks and piston rails. From time to time keyboards are requested with keycheeks mounted. So here are some options.
There are 2 ways to stack the keyboards:
1) In case the keyboards are stacked with our mounting plates, the key cheeks for all the manuals are manufactured out of ONE piece of wood. As a standard we supply 100mm/65mm distance with 0° or 2°. The distance and the angle of the keyboards to each other is determined by the mounting plates. The keycheeks have only an decorative function.
2) The alternative method is to fix the manuals directly to the key cheeks. That means one pair of key cheeks for each keyboard is required. The distance and the angle of the keyboards to one another is determined by the size and shape of the keycheeks. As a standard we supply 100mm/65mm distance with 0° or 2°.